Solar Techs is committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (2018) (GDPR). We appreciate the importance of ensuring your personal information is handled securely and respectfully. This policy explains how we handle any personal information we collect from you or that you provide to us. This policy explains:
- Information we collect and how we collect it?
- Why we use your information?
- How we keep your information secure?
- How long we keep your information?
- Who we share this information with?
- Your privacy rights
Information we collect and how we collect it?
Information you give us.
You may give use information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when:
- Using our website www.solar-techs.co.uk
- Subscribing to our services or placing an order
- Participating in social media with us.
- Entering competitions, promotions or surveys.
- When you report a problem with our website.
The information you give us may include:
- Your Name
- e-Mail address
- Phone Number
- Financial and credit-card information
- Demographic information
- Information about your home to provide a quote.
- Preferences, interests and other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
Information we collect about you.
- When you visit our website, we may automatically collect technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- We may also collect other information when you visit our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times; download errors; length of visits to certain pages; page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Any phone number used to call our customer service.
- When an engineer installs your solar system they will take notes about the installation and photos for auditing purposes to meet our regulatory requirements.
- Credit worthiness to determine appropriate payment plan.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites operated by Envolve Ltd (sister company) or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Why we use your information?
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including but not limited to: solar panel and storage system design and installation).
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we may contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous order or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not wish to receive this information you can opt our by contacting us (contact details below)/
- For legitimate business purposes (including to determine creditworthiness and set up a payment plan for our products and services, to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to obtain payment for the products and services provided, to develop and improve our products and services).
- For staff training and quality assurance purposes.
- If you have provided us with consent to use your information for a specific purpose.
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations.
How we keep your information secure?
We use technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information. These measures provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. We check your identity when you get in touch with us, and we follow our security procedures and apply suitable technical measures, such as encryption, to protect your information. Specific measures we use include:
- Implementing secure design principles within our information technology infrastructure;
- Adopting security safeguards against attacks;
- Adhering to security policies and training staff to enforce controls and procedures in line with data protection law and other industry specific compliance requirements.
How long do we keep your information?
We keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the reason(s) we collected it. In most cases, this means we will keep your personal information while you are one of our customers, and for seven years after. Sometimes, we may retain this information for longer, if we are required to by law. At the end of this period, your personal information will be deleted, destroyed or anonymised. We may aggregate anonymised data for statistical analysis and business planning.
Who we share this information with?
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act (2006). We have measures in place to make sure third parties keep your information protected. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and subcontractors to provide our services to you. Where we are providing a service on behalf of a third party, we will share your personal information only with that third party for the purposes of performing the services and, where that third party has your permission to provide details of other products and services supplied by them.
- Third-party providers who help us provide our services to you or who process your personal information for the reasons above this section.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our sitel
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- Law enforcement bodies, regulators, government agencies, and courts where we believe disclosure is necessary as a matter of law or regulation, to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
- Any other person with your consent.
Your Privacy Rights
You have various privacy rights in relation to your personal information. These include:
- Accessing your personal information. You can request a copy of your personal information at any time;
- Correcting your personal information. You can ask us to correct the personal information we hold on you if it is incorrect;
- Erasing your personal information. You can ask us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Objecting to or restricting processing of your personal information. You can object to our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances;
- Transferring your personal information. You can ask us to transfer your personal information to you or a third party, including a new supplier should you choose to move your services away;
- Withdrawing consent to processing. You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information, however this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing conducted prior to your withdrawal;
- Complaining to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). You can complain about our collection and use of your personal information by contacting the ICO.
We respond to all requests from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with data protection law. We will try to respond to your request within one month; however, if it is complex or you make several requests, we may extend this time to respond. if we do, we will inform you. You are able to exercise your rights free of charge, however, if you make an unfounded, repetitive or excessive requests, we may charge a fee or refuse to carry out your requests.
This policy was last updated on 12th September 2023.
By email: email@example.com (we aim to respond to emails within 72 hours).
By post: Solar-Techs trading as Envolve Ltd, 1115 Hessle Road, Hull, HU4 6SB